Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Waiting For Baby's Arrival

Where does the time go?! The older I get, it feels like our days fly by and before we know it the week is over. With that being said, we only have 14 days (+/-) left to go. This past weekend was full of movies and sleeping in. James and I are enjoying as much free time as possible now before the baby's arrival.

The baby has reached its birth weight and the organs have matured and ready for life outside the comfy womb. Well probably not comfy anymore since it's getting a little cramped in there and Baby 'Pat" is constantly trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in.

I took our cat Dorothy the vet yesterday. Poor thing has a bad tooth and swollen gums and she hasn't been able to eat anything. As a parent to a pet, you try everything to make them feel better. They can't talk and explain what's wrong so you start eliminating options and hope one thing works. I can tell if Dorothy is sad or happy, just by the way she meows. I can tell she is sick by the way she moves. As I sat in the room waiting for the vet, I started thinking about newborns and their cries. Parents are able to tell just by their babies temperament if they are sad, sick, hungry, or uncomfortable. It's amazing how parents learn this about their newborns and how quickly they respond to their needs.

My belly gets bigger by the day... I can't wait to meet the lil' one who has been with me day and night for 9 months.

1 comment:

  1. Babies arrival? More than Baby's arrival? Is it Pat and Pat? Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete