Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sacrifices

It's week 17 and Baby 'Pat' is about the size of a turnip this week and weighs about 5 ounces and 5 inches long. Sense of hearing is starting to develop, so I better start watching what I say around the lil' one. I am looking forward to feeling the baby kick. Curious how long it will take me before I realize what that feeling was.

Well the maternity clothes shopping has begun. I am in that awkward stage where I am too big for my regular clothes but too small for maternity pants. Why must a pair of maternity pants cost over $50?! And why do I only get 3 pairs to choose from!? The second-hand stores are not any better and their selection is even more slim. It's frustrating because I have no choice... this belly is growing whether I like it or not. I finally broke down and bought two pairs of dress pants and a skirt. Target had the best clearance and I found a pair of jeans for $1.26! I don't think I have ever bought any piece of clothing that cheap. Jackpot!

James and I attended another cooking class at Baru 66 this weekend. The evenings focus was on French Cocktails (since I was not drinking, James told the Chef he was drinking for two) and appetizers. We enjoyed puff-pastries stuffed with olive tapendades, savory crepes with salmon and chive spread, sweet pepper compote topped with salmon, baked cheese sticks, lots of cured meats and cheeses, and a trifle for dessert. It was an enjoyable evening spent with other foodies.

I don't miss the wine as much as I thought I would... but the one thing that I wish I could eat more of is soft cheeses. I miss my Brie cheese on a baguette for breakfast. I miss blue cheese crumbles on my steak. Chips without queso dip is sad. But, I just look down at the lil' baby growing inside me and realize its worth giving up every piece of soft cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment