Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Celebrating a Milestone!


Yay! We made it to the second trimester!!

Baby 'Pat' will be the size of a lemon this week. I think its adorable that the baby is already wiggling and sucking its thumb. (We are calling the baby Pat because we don't know if its a boy or girl... and Pat usually works for both genders.)

I read an interesting article this week about babies being able to learn vowel sounds in utero. What is fascinating is that the study showed that newborns have the capacity to learn and remember sounds of their spoken language during the last 10 weeks of pregnancy.

"Christine Moon, Professor of psychology at Pacific Lutheran University, who led the research saidThis is the first study that shows we learn about the particular speech sounds of our mother’s language before we are born."


They are not kidding when they say that pregnant women have crazy dreams. I don't know who "they" are, but "they" are not joking! I had a pretty odd dream the other night. I dreamt that our cat Dorothy was making a lot of noise in the night and woke us up. We noticed there was a dark shadow in the corner and Dorothy was sitting in front of it. I couldn't tell what it was and asked James to turn on his light. Standing in the corner of our room, staring right back at us was Thing 1 from Dr. Seuss!!! We screamed and wondered where in the world that crazy "thing" came from.

3 comments:

  1. Mark ~ I have no clue... but Thing 1 was staring right at us with that creepy grin on its face!

    ReplyDelete