Good sleep is harder to come by these days... I am thinking I might have to call a friend and borrow a body pillow for the last 6 weeks. I will try and get some much needed sleep before this baby arrives.
Some interesting tidbits of the week...
- 1/3 of the amniotic fluid is replaced every hour.
- A century ago, the word "pregnancy" was hardly spoken in public. It was said a woman was in a "delicate condition".
We hosted our 2nd Annual Bacon Fest this weekend. We boycotted the Des Moines "Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival" last year because tickets were getting too pricey, there were too many people, and not enough food to go around. So last year we decided to have our own Bacon Fest. This year James and I teamed up with Chef Jason from Louie's Wine Dive and we held our private party at the restaurant. All our friends were asked to bring a "pork themed" side-dish. We had bacon mac & cheese, bacon cinnamon rolls, bacon ice cream, savory salami bread, bacon hummus, Korean pork, bacon wrapped lil smokies, chocolate bacon cupcakes, and bacon chocolate chip cookies. For the main dish, James and I ordered a 40 lb suckling pig from Sheeder Family Farms. Chef Jason rubbed the pig with a spicy seasoning and then stuffed it full of apples, sage, and thyme. We devoured every bite of the moist and spicy pork. There was no leftovers. It was a great afternoon!
Here's a picture of the delicious pig: http://jamessasek.tumblr.com/post/51517936065/the-pig
No comments:
Post a Comment