Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Magnificent Miami

Week 31 the baby measures about 16 inches long and weighs about four lbs. Since the baby is getting bigger, the tumbles and kicks are getting much stronger. Only nine weeks to go... eeekkk!!!

James and I spent a week in South Beach Miami for a babymoon/wedding anniversary. We enjoyed the warm weather and sunshine while Des Moines was getting a spring snowstorm. One of our favorite things to do while traveling is trying out the local cuisine. We try to get our hands on anything out of the ordinary. Here are a couple of our favorite meals during the trip...

Juvia is a trinity consisting of a French, Japanese and Peruvian cuisine. A foodies dream....
Appetizers
  • Pork and Foie Croquette - pork confit, foie gras, panko, and pinapple
  • Sauteed Foie Gras with grapes, pineapple mango chutney, and hazelnuts
  • Unagi chocolate - causa, chocolate eel sauce
Main Course 
  • Hawaiian Blue Prawns smoked on sugarcane with fried plantains
  • Chilean seabass with sauteed eggplant and shaved cucumber
Dessert
  • Key lime mousse, shortbread crumbles, and meringue fingers
  • Dulce tropical was a trio of tropical chutney, coconut streusel, and exotic sorbet
Tongue and Cheek offered innovative and creative dishes...
Appetizers
  • 100% pure Iberico de Bellota Ham
  • Marinated olives in bay leaf, orange, and chilies
  • Chicharrones of chicken skin, Japanese mustard, and Thai chili
Main Course
  • Beef cheek burger, cheddar pimento cheese, sweet onions, and house-made brioche
  • Crisp lamb belly, barbecued octopus, roasted eggplant, and romanesco
Side
  • Poutine of braised brisket, cheddar and pastrami spiced fries
Dessert
  • Matcha tea sponge cake, cardamom espuma, rasberry meringue, black tea gelee

You can't go to Miami and not eat at a Cuban restaurant. We noshed on Cuban sandwiches, pulled beef with gravy, rice, and plantains, and sipped Cuban espresso (aka cortadito).

I had some fresh squeezed Florida orange juice...my life was changed! I don't know what I have been drinking but the OJ down there was sweet and creamy. It was pure sunshine!

Pregnancy Dreams Revealed...

Dream 1 ~ I dreamt my belly was like a balloon and when the baby was stretching out the feet it was stretching my belly. I decided to pop my balloon belly and take the baby out to play with it. The baby had a lot of hair and big eyes (very cute baby). Then after awhile I realized I probably should not have done that and told the baby I need to put it back inside because it was not ready to come out yet and still had a couple months before we could play again.

Dream 2 ~ Dreamt of the zombie apocalypse. A group of us were learning what could kill a zombie. We used everything from ballpoint pens and pocket knives. We found an abandoned store and locked ourselves in. Somehow I was always the one having the lock the door because some idiot in our group would leave it unlocked. When I would run over to lock the door the zombie would be pushing against the door and grabbing my shoulder. We decided to out-smart the zombies and handed out bananas and coupons for free tacos at the Taco John's next door. The zombies took them from us and started to wander over to Taco John's to get their free taco! We figured out a way to get the zombies off our backs! (I should call Taco John's marketing department and get a commercial going...)

No comments:

Post a Comment