Wednesday, May 15, 2013

8 Months - 32 Weeks

Wow... where has the time gone!? These past eight months have gone by pretty fast... I can't believe our lil' one will be here in eight weeks!

Baby Pat continues to grow and develop. Measuring about 15 inches long and weighs around 3 pounds. The wrinkles are disappearing and more fat continues to develop under the skin. It's getting cramped in there... I can feel stronger kicks and turns. The baby can also see in utero - discern between light and dark, and blinking and shutting eyes.

I am getting more sleepy through the day. Got me to thinking about how once the baby comes I am going to be a "walking zombie". Kinda freaks me out knowing that sleep will cease to exist once the baby comes. But it's nice knowing those first 6+ weeks I will spend at home will help to get the baby on a sleeping schedule and I will be able to function (a little) once I get back to work. Goodbye sleep... I will see you in a few more years!

We got the crib set up and the nursery organized. Now we just need the some beautiful artwork and bedding and we are all set! Pictures to come.

Mothers Day was spent at our house again this year. Each year we host brunch and invite our parents and siblings over. It was a great day spending time with our loved ones and daydreaming about the new addition that will be joining our family in eight weeks.

P.S. Now whenever I hear or see a Taco John's commercial, I think of the zombie apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment