Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Week 22 ... moving right along!
This week Baby 'Pat' is the size of a papaya. During month five, the average baby measures about 10.5 to 11.8 inches and weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces. I read that the baby sleeps in cycles and sleeps about 12-14 hours per day. I notice the baby kicking in the afternoon around 2 and 3 PM. I will even notice some moving in the late evening before bed. The kicks are becoming more frequent which is a fun feeling.
My sleep continues to be disrupted by arms falling asleep, leg cramps, regular visits to the bathroom, and congestion. I swear this is natures way of preparing me for midnight feedings with the little one. Another "fun" side effect... I am getting an 'outtie'. That's kinda weird to see.
I am getting cabin fever and am craving walks outside, malts at the local ice cream shop, and feeling the warm sunshine on my face. We are on the downhill slide of winter... only a few more weeks to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha, yes, I totally agree! Losing sleep now is a big way to help you get use to not getting any sleep when the baby arrives! Otherwise it would be too much of a shock on our system! And I cannot wait until spring, either! Bring on the sun, baby!!
ReplyDelete