Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Only 3 months to go...

During week 23 Baby 'Pat' is about 10.5 to 11.8 inches and about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces (about the size of a papaya). The babies face is fully formed and even listening to my voice and heartbeat.

Lots of thoughts running through my head this week. I am not sure where they are coming from. It may be that we only have 3 months to go (technically 17 weeks) and that I am still in shock that I am pregnant. Or it may be that daylight savings time is making my brain fuzzy and anxious.

As I sit and daydream I start to wonder who is in there? Who is making me smile every time I feel a kick?

I think about my mother and the unconditional love she has given to my sister and I. The mother-child bond is the purest form of unselfish love that exists and I can't wait to feel that kind of love toward a child that my mother has toward me.

Who will we become as a family? Who will we become as parents? I know we will always be learning together, growing together, and experiencing together.

We can prepare the nursery, prepare the finances, and buy clothes for when the baby arrives, but you can never truly prepare for what life holds in store for you as new parents. All we can do is take is day by day, love the child unconditionally, support one another, and just enjoy every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment