Thursday, September 12, 2013

Unconditional Love...

Two months of unconditional love…

It’s been days filled with smiles and laughing and the occasional tear from Henry (and myself).

The first days at home were emotional and exciting (to say the least). The first night we slept downstairs with Henry in a bassinet next to the bed and were up every two to three hours. People told me all the time that waking up to go to the bathroom while pregnant prepares you for this… not even close! Unless you are in the bathroom for a half hour every two hours, then yes, it does prepare you for this. Henry is sleeping longer through the night and the feedings don’t take as long. My favorite time of the day is rocking our little one to sleep… I know I should get up to bed but sleep can wait; I am cherishing these sweet moments.

I got pretty good at swaddling. However, little Henry likes to squirm and there have been times where the swaddle was around his hips or the occasional arm has found its way out. So we invested in some SwaddlePods and SwaddleMe. So far baby Henry has not inched his way out of those!

He had a little cough yesterday and it freaked me out. I called the doctor but she assured me he was fine and probably just swallowed wrong. But that didn’t stop me from worrying and thinking about him all day long. I know my baby is going to get sick… but I am not prepared for this! I can feel the grey hairs coming on already. Better keep the box of hair dye handy!

Things that Henry James loves:
·         Swinging
·         Mobiles and mirrors
·         Taking walks (or “tours” as Auntie Deb calls them)
·         Playing the piano with his feet (we have a little play yard where he can kick a piano with his feet)
·         Talking while getting his diaper changed
·         Staring at the abstract art that Auntie Deb painted for his nursery

I have fallen in love with this little guy! My heart melts every time when I am feeding him and he looks up at me with those big eyes and smiles. I adore the way his eyes smile. I love how he cuddles into the warm towels after he has had a bath. I love the little frown he gets when his daddy pinches his cheeks. I love how chatty he is in the mornings.

Every day is a new adventure and a new lesson learned. We love this child more than words can explain and even though we are learning, I wouldn’t change a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment