Yay! We made it to the third trimester! Baby 'Pat' can recognize my voice now, the eyes continue to developer, and the brain is developing millions of neurons. The baby weighs about 2 lbs and measures about 15 inches from head to heels... about the size of an eggplant.
My new experiences of the week... Last week I felt the baby hiccup. It was not a normal kick on the side of my belly but more continuous twitch in my lower belly. That made me giggle. Then last night while resting my hand on my belly (a common theme these days), I felt the baby turn... it must have been an elbow or knee. That was an odd feeling. I am in the third trimester and I still can't wrap my head around the fact that there is a tiny human being inside me.... I don't think I will ever get used to that.
My brain is fuzzy... the further I get in this pregnancy I have a harder time putting my words together or finding the right word to say. So bear with me when I pause mid-sentence and ramble on about non-sense. It's not me... it's the baby!
Baby 'Pat' was introduced to some divine french cuisine again this past weekend. Went to my favorite restaurant, Baru 66. The evening started with amuse-bouche (single bite sized hors d'oeuvre) of chicken roulad with pork belly. The first course was seared mackerel and pureed spinach. The second course was seared scallops with baby arugula, prosciutto, glazed grapefruit served on a giant oyster shell. The third course was foie gras stuffed quail with morels, pearl onions, pureed sweet potato, and marinated carrots. And then for dessert, dark chocolate ganache and a pistachio macaroon with chocolate ice cream. Superbe!
No comments:
Post a Comment