Wednesday, April 10, 2013

End of the road for the 2nd Trimester


Baby measures about 14.5 inches long and weighs about two pounds. Brain is developing quickly and the eyelids are beginning to open.

I read somewhere last week that since the baby is bigger, if someone were to place their ear on my belly they could hear the babies heartbeat. James tried it out and confirmed he could hear the heartbeat. Even though it was twice as fast as my heartbeat, he said it was in sync with mine. Too cool!

I went to a baby consignment sale on Saturday. One side was full of pink outfits for the girls and the other side was full of blue outfits for the boys. It's unfair for people like James and I who don't want to know what we are having and can't really shop for anything because clothing is so gender specific. Why can't there be more gender neutral colors... creams, soft yellows and greens? Why do baby girls have to wear only pink and why do baby boys have to wear only blues? It's not like that's all we wear when we are adults. Someone needs to get into making more gender neutral clothing for babies... because from the sounds of it a lot of people these days want to be surprised and don't want to find out the gender of the baby.

On the plus side of the consignment sale I did find a "Pat the Bunny" music mobile!! It was a sign and I immediately put it into my bag.

Monday was an active day for baby 'Pat'. Lots of tumbling and kicking... hope that's not any indication that we will have a pretty active kid in the near future. My parents even got to feel the baby kick for the first time which was special. My poor sister though, every time I am around her the baby is sleeping. But as soon as I leave, the baby will start kicking. I think the baby is playing with Auntie Gab. :)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete