I married the love of my life four years ago today. It was a beautiful spring afternoon and 19 of our closest family and friends gathered in the Candle Lit Way Wedding Chapel. As I was putting on my dress, I was thinking about the day we first met and all the wonderful memories we had leading up to that point.
I met James in September of 2002 and I felt an immediate attraction. I called him a week later and asked him out, hoping he didn’t forget who I was. Thankfully he remembered! I remember the first night he told me he loved me. After he left, I ran upstairs to my parent’s room in the middle of the night and woke up my mom and told her I was in love! We enjoyed being with each other. We would go for walks around Grey’s Lake, watched foreign and independent films at The Fleur Cinema, made dinners at James’ apartment, took road trips to Chicago and Kansas City, and attended concerts. I loved dating him… I enjoyed his company.
Labor Day weekend of 2006, James proposed to me. We decided to spend the weekend in Chicago. We arrive to our favorite hotel and I was shocked when we stepped into a beautiful King Suite. James told me the smaller rooms were booked and this was all they had left. We got dressed and headed to my favorite French restaurant and had a wonderful meal. As we are walking back to our hotel, we stopped at a music store and bought a French CD. Back at the hotel, James told me to go and get a bucket of ice to chill our wine. Typically he gets the ice, so I knew something was up when he pushed me out the door and I heard the deadbolt and locks. I was giddy and walked a little faster than I should have. I was back in a matter of minutes and when James opened the door for me, he was on bended knee, with candles flickering, rose petals thrown on the floor and bed, and French music playing in the background. I fell in love with him all over again.
As I walked down the aisle, I looked at James and my heart smiled. I couldn’t wait to start our life together as husband and wife.
Traveling is very important to us and we make it a priority whenever we can. Understandably, for our honeymoon we spent a few days in Paris (I am a French girl at heart). We started our honeymoon trip in New York City, then over to Paris, France; and finally to Vienna, Austria. In 2009 we called it our “year of travel”: Hawaii, Washington DC, Chicago, and Tokyo, Japan. Earlier this year, we spent a wonderful week visiting friends in London, England. We love exploring new places, shopping, meeting new people, eating amazing foods, and loving life.
James ~ These past four years as your wife has been a dream come true. I can’t wait to see where our lives lead us. I look forward to exploring the world with you. But as long as I am besides you, that is all that matters. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment