Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Lovely Audrey

Audrey Hepburn is the true definition of lovely.

I admire Audrey and her elegance, grace, and charm. She inspires me to the woman I am meant to be.

I recently read a book called “The Audrey Hepburn Way of Life - How to be Lovely”, by Melissa Hellstern.

I wanted to share some of my favorite quotes of Audrey from that book:

HAPPINESS…
“The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – that’s all the matters.”
            Happiness is not about the things we own or do; it’s about how we look at it.

“What would be awful would be to die and look back miserably – seeing on the bad things, the opportunities misses, or what could have been.”
            We are who we are because of our past. Embrace that!

HEALTH…
The New York Times article after Audrey’s death: “Nearly forty years later Audrey Hepburn’s face was that of someone who’d squinted into the sun, laughed a few laughs, shed a few tears. The forehead showed some wrinkles, the eyes showed some more, and the strong jawline was softening around the edges. As unwilling to fake youth as she had to fake voluptuousness, she looked like the 63 year old woman she was. Which is to say, better than any 63 year old woman who’s pretending that she isn’t. Would that she were going to be around longer, to teach us all how to grow old.”
            We need to age gracefully. Wrinkles around my eyes remind me of my happy life. I don’t regret one of those “smile” lines.

HUMANITY…
“Mothers are the best social workers of all.”
I couldn’t have asked for a better mother. My mother has made a difference in my life. I can’t wait to have children so I too, can make a difference in their life. 

FRIENDSHIP…
“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.”
There is nothing better than having a good laugh, especially ones that involves tears. I crave moments like that and it’s what makes life worth living. 

FULFILLMENT…
“Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, and looking it up in a book and remembering – because you can’t take it all in at once.”
            Live simply. Focus on things that make you happy and cherish every moment.

“Anyone who does not believe in miracles is not a realist.”
Things happen for a reason and I know that beyond a shadow of doubt.

 “What I always wanted, what I still want, is to create a warm and loving atmosphere for those I care about – my family and friends.”
            I always make sure the guests in my home feel welcome. I want everyone to have a delightful time.

LOVE…
“The best thing to hold on to in life is each other.”
            I can’t imagine my life without my husband. I know he loves me and that is all I need.       

Thank you Audrey for showing me how to be lovely…

No comments:

Post a Comment