I recently visited the Black Hills for a family reunion. One of our favorite places to go for breakfast is “Tally’s”. The restaurant recently went through an owner change and became “Tally’s Silver Spoon”. The décor was updated with dark grays and blues (very chic) and the menu had a “French” makeover. One particular item that caught my eye was “Really French Toast: Foie Gras, berries, granola, and maple cream”. One of my favorite foods is Foie Gras, but I was a little hesitant about ordering it in South Dakota. I decided to live on the wild side and give it a try and boy was I glad I did! It was absolutely wonderful and the flavors paired so well together. The foie gras was chopped into small pieces and sprinkled on top of summer berries and perfectly browned French toast. Then to finish the dish, maple cream was poured over the foie gras, berries, and toast. The maple cream was subtle and not too over powering. The dish was divine and each flavor paired beautifully. Way to go South Dakota… I think you found your inner French-self.
This looks delicious!!!
ReplyDelete